Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fashion Week, Thursday, Feb 19: Brian Reyes, Ports 1961 and Christian Siriano

I just got home and I am dead tired. As much as I like to poke fun of those who can't stand upright in their heels, I'll be first to admit that I had several footing blunders today in my efforts to step up my shoe game and rock the socks and platform wedges look. So while I sit here typing, I'm also tending to my tender tootsies.

This morning I went to the Brian Reyes show. Rachel Bilson, Olivia Palermo and Ivanka Trump were also in the house. I must say that was my favorite collection of them all (thanks Stephanie for making it happen). Very wearable, chic and intelligent. The line featured many belted looks, and slashes on the back and decolletage. The only problem was that the models shoes continued to come off. It was a bit confusing because so many models had to stop and take their shoes off that I wasn't sure if it was part of the show--it wasn't. During the finale, they all held their 5-inch Manolo Blahniks.

But aside from that, the show was superb. I love the entire line. Here's my favorite looks:


Brian Reyes














Ports 1961
I couldn't get in to Ports, so I watched it from the screens. ***Sigh***. But the line is very ethereal. It's Egyptian inspired, but to me it looked like the wardrobe for the Childlike Princess in The Never Ending Story.




She would like it.

Christian Siriano

Siriano was packed to the brim, and although his "Five Divas" must have cancelled, that didn't stop every one else from trying to attend his show. The looks were very signature Siriano--heavy ruching, exaggerated shoulders and Victorian-era headwear. I loved the mixture of texture, but the coats--which were otherwise immaculate--looked like they were made of fleece.











1 comment:

Chelsea Simonne said...

The collection was as you said. I thought is was very wearable but extremely sophisticated. I want every piece!