Friday, January 30, 2009

Obamarama AND Michelle's dress





I'm a little late with it, but YES I DID...make it to D.C. for all of the inaugural festivities. It was a last minute jaunt, which left me broke and homeless (but in that college student way). I partied it up at all the unofficial events, and lived the life--for one night at least--in my suite at The Mayflower. I also visited peeps at Howard, DB at her super secret service tight job, Monique--who still has the hook up, Theresa and Uncle Ray, Stacy and all her journo friends, and crashed with my new upstate Alpha friends. I also went to the Young & Powerful For Obama event, moderated by Jeff Johnson. Clearly he didn't think highly of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, as evidenced when he told DeShawn Snow, a panelist, that the show was ridiculous. So much for being unbiased. The event was ironically hilarious, thanks to Johnson's strong views on a number of issues...and people.



----




But there is something I do need to vent about: Michelle Obama's Jason Wu dress. I hate to say it, but I don't think it did her justice. It was just blah. Actually, it looked like a down duvet with the feathers poking through. I'm sorry, those are just my thoughts. I love that she takes fashion risks and works with lesser known designers, but still, I think she could have done better. Aside from the pillow explosion, the dress is droopy in the chest area, flattening them, too. Jill Biden got it right with her Reem Acra gown. Now that was a dress.



But I'm sure Lady O has many fresh looks in store for us.





Classic. Simple. Sexy. Love it.

No comments: